Discover why there has never been a better time and greater opportunity for groundwater research, education, management, and policy reform to make a material and urgently needed difference to the long-term management and sustainability of critical groundwater resources in Australia — and globally — during this half-hour online presentation.
This presentation will discuss some key Australian groundwater challenges and opportunities in areas including policy/management, research, technical practice, education/training, and overarching governance/institutional arrangements such as the:
Securing of the Great Artesian Basin
- Successful implementation of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan
- Impacts of unconventional gas and hydraulic fracturing on groundwater
- Mining and groundwater
- Proposals for the future development of Northern Australia
- Role of groundwater in urban and rural water security
- Safeguarding environmental and cultural flows
- Impacts of climate change on groundwater.
To read more, click here.