Life as we know it would be impossible without groundwater. It is the world's most extracted natural resource, and it supports our ecosystems. Don't take groundwater for granted. Pay it forward during National Groundwater Awareness Week, March 10-16, 2019, by letting others know the importance of groundwater and asking them to pass it along.
Top Groundwater Myths
- Groundwater migrates thousands of miles.
- Groundwater removed from the Earth is never returned.
- Groundwater is not a significant source of water supply.
- Groundwater is abundantly available, therefore does not need to be conserved.
- There is no relationship between groundwater and surface water.