An exciting opportunity exists for a talented Groundwater Modeller to join our growing Hydrogeology team in Brisbane.
• Vibrant team culture
• Strong organisational values
• Project diversity
• Passionate and highly skilled team
• Employee ownership opportunities and focus on staff wellbeing
About the role:
We are looking for Groundwater Modeller who has a passion for their work and has experience in developing and running MODFLOW groundwater models. The role is to work closely with our team in Brisbane, with opportunities to expand and explore your skills in modelling and consulting.
We are looking for an experienced Groundwater Modeller with the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Science or Engineering
• A passion for hydrogeology, and enjoy developing innovative solutions for clients
• Experience in groundwater consulting, with preference for expertise in groundwater modelling and uncertainty analysis for impact assessments and compliance studies in Australia
• Expertise with groundwater modelling software (i.e. AlgoMesh, MODFLOW-USG, MODFLOW-SURFACT, FEFLOW, FloPy, PEST, PEST++)
• Expertise in visualisation of groundwater data and GIS software (i.e. ParaView, LeapFrog, QGIS, Surfer, ArcGIS)
• Preference for capabilities in data analytics and data processing using coding/scripts (i.e. Python, R, Fortran and C++)
• Contribution to the preparation of reports and documentation detailing results of studies
• An ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
• A team player who is organised and enjoys working collaboratively with the team and other technical disciplines
What we offer:
• A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Groundwater Modeller looking to continue to develop their skills and experience
• A role working alongside well-recognised professionals experienced in modelling
• Opportunity to work across a range of sectors on diverse and technically challenging projects
• Flexible working arrangements
• #MeDays – an Umwelt wellbeing initiative that offers staff one day of paid leave per month (12 days per year for FTE)
• Employee ownership opportunities
• An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our highly skilled team works across Australia in sectors including government, resources, Defence, infrastructure, mining, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow. Umwelt are proud of our proven achievements to sustainably grow our team, including gender equality at all levels of our business, actively supporting our staff to achieve their career goals and investing in staff wellbeing with #MeDays. We are a company focused on our people, our technical quality and passion for the work we do for our clients and the environment around us.
If you believe you meet the criteria apply via emailing Bianca Lockett at email@example.com and include a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Umwelt on 1300 0793 267
Applications close Friday 24 September 2021, however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
To be eligible for this position you must have legal work rights to work in Australia.
Umwelt is wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.