The eWater software and modelling team strategically and operationally manages all products and services relating to Australia’s National Hydrologic Modelling Platform, eWater Source, the freeware site eWater Toolkit and the industry standard Water Sensitive Urban Design model MUSIC.
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a specialist hydrological modeller to work in our growing team to help deliver project applications, user training and support across Australia and Internationally. Duties may include project applications, design and delivery of training courses, development of specifications for software modification, testing of software and models, and preparation of user manuals, scientific papers and reports. The successful incumbent will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be prepared to undertake international short-term assignments. Direct experience in the building and running of Australian-based water entitlements and allocation planning or operational models, while not mandatory would be a significant advantage. Experience in South-East Asia and/or South Asian IWRM projects highly desirable.
- Professional competency, experience and academic qualifications in one or more of the following:-
- River systems modelling (water entitlements and allocation management)
- Hydrological modelling (River and Groundwater)
- Catchment Process modelling including sediment and nutrient generation and transport.
- Optimisation of Water Resources systems.
- MEng, MSc or PhD preferred, or equivalent professional experience in a directly relevant discipline
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Able to travel nationally and internationally to undertake project work.
- International experience in directly relevant fields
- GIS skills
- Practical experience in Australian water management and modelling approaches
- Strong water industry networks in Australia and/or internationally.
We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff.
Please submit applications with cover letter addressing all selection criteria and CV. Any incomplete applications will not be considered. For more information and submission please email firstname.lastname@example.org
31 Oct 2017
Job Application Page